Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Donald Trump circa 1990


Image result for donald trump 1990


Excerpt from a Vanity Fair article on Donald Trump:

I thought about the ten years since I had first met Donald Trump. It is fashionable now to say that he was a symbol of the crassness of the 1980s, but Trump became more than a vulgarian.

Like Michael Milken, Trump appeared to believe that his money gave him a freedom to set the rules. No one stopped him. His exaggerations and baloney were reported, and people laughed. His bankers showered him with money. City officials almost allowed him to set public policy by erecting his wall of concrete on the Hudson River. 


 Image result for donald trump 1990


New York City, like the bankers from the Chase and Manny Hanny, allowed Trump to exist in a universe where all reality had vanished. “I met with a couple of reporters,” Trump told me on the telephone, “and they totally saw what I was saying. They completely believed me. And then they went out and wrote vicious things about me, as I am sure you will, too.” 




Marie Brenner 03/01/1990 


 Image result for donald trump 1990

 

No comments:

Post a Comment