Friday, January 22, 2016

Striding to Switzerland

Image result for switzerland neutral
No, no, no!  That should read "striving to be Switzerland"!  At least, politically.

Some of my friends are staunch conservatives, while others are fervent liberals.  True in 2016, true in 1996 & earlier.  Unlike my sister - Mim started out as a die-hard Wm F Buckley conservative, ended her days an Elizabeth Warren progressive - I've always been a radical centrist.  Over the past few election cycles, I've striven to be a balance between often polarized political ideologies.  I have my own point of view, but do what I can to see the arguments being made by each side, presenting as best I can without bias.

The right seem inclined to paint Democrats as "argula-eating" liberal elitists with have no awareness or appreciation of "real" America.  They seem united in calling out liberals as unpatriotic, feel free to call them out as downright treasonous, - without fear of party leaders, who stay resolutely mute even as extremists call for hanging of our president.  


Image result for ted nugent


Liberals tend to deride & ridicule their conservative counterparts, using them as a gold mine of joke material rather honoring their belief in God, the flag & American exceptionalism.


Image result for stephen colbert palin


As we wade into the 2016 primaries, am taking this opportunity to shout from the rooftops my hope to stay as agenda-free as possible in all I write in a political vein, doing my best to be as Switzerlandy as possible, keeping my gaze at the American political landscape as open, curious & unattached as is reasonably possible.  Which should be easy, since NONE of the current possibilities connect with me.  

Now, if Elizabeth Warren was in the race...


Image result for elizabeth warren 2016



Credits:
1) twifans.com
2) rightwingnews.com
3) salon.com
4) thepolitick.wordpress.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment